Unfortunately, we Victorians have been placed in yet another circuit-breaking lockdown... Seven days of staying put with only five reasons to be out-and-about and limited to a five km radius.
I can't tell you how disappointed I have been feeling with this State Government announcement. At the start of my Presidential year I was taking one week at a time. I find myself in the same situation 12 months later.
So, no social night on Monday! I guess we will all have to wait and see if the lockdown is extended and what restrictions will remain in place. Until then, I feel we may be in a bit of a holding pattern. To Zoom or not to Zoom, that is the question... With my Zoom Manager over in the West, I am wondering if anyone is keen to assist me with running club zoom meetings, if that is what we are faced with, for the next couple of weeks.
Another concern is our Vocational Excellence Awards evening scheduled for Monday 7 June. Another 'wait-and-see' situation. I am very keen for this to go ahead but think it may have to be deferred until a later date. Lots to discuss, many decisions to make.
I had also hoped to have a face-to-face Combined Board meeting at the Moe Hotel on June 21 but again, the management of the COVID-19 outbreak will dictate the circumstances under which we are permitted to socialise. I can at least organise a Zoom meeting at short notice for board members if needed.
I am also unsure about Changeover! Maureen and I will continue to plan for a face-to-face Changeover at Moe RSL on Monday 28 June. If the venue is not available then that too may be deferred until we can have a face-to-face event. Open to suggestions, so if you have any ideas, please chat to me.
Please stay safe everyone and take care in these tumultuous times.
President Di